W&M Sprinkler Co. Inc. is a full-service fire protection contractor with complete design, installation, and fabrication capability that has been in business for over 20 years and offers a challenging work environment.
Since 1946, Davis-Ulmer Sprinkler Co. has been providing full service fire sprinkler, suppression, alarm, and security systems to its customers, while maintaining our reputation as being one of the best companies in the business in the Northeast region. Davis-Ulmer contributes its success to their loyal employees and customers. The company's overall work force has grown and as we move forward, we foresee continued expansion throughout the Northeast.
What we offer
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Flex Spending
- Health Savings
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- Life and Disability Insurance Options
TITLE: Fire Alarm Inspection & Service Technician
Company: W & M Sprinkler Company, Inc.
Location: Hawthorne, NY
W&M Sprinkler Co., Inc. is seeking qualified applicants for our Fire Alarm Inspection & Service Technician.
Candidates should possess a strong understanding of Fire alarm Systems. Experience in preforming inspection, service work and troubleshooting is required. Applicants must have a High School Diploma or GED equivalent. Good mathematical aptitude along with good oral, written and communication skills and a valid driver license. Candidates should also have good customer services skills, project management skills, and basic electrical knowledge. Candidates must be self-motivated and attend training classes, courses and seminars as requested by supervisor.
Final candidates will be subject to a drug screen and motor vehicle record check.
Responsibilities for a Fire Alarm Inspection & Service Technician position include:
- Perform inspection and testing on Fire alarm Systems
- Troubleshooting and repair of fire alarm system
- Installation of fire alarm equipment in accordance with code requirements
- Complete inspection reports and service work orders.
- Reads, interprets and applies technical design requirements of fire protection codes and standards (Such as NFPA 70, 72, etc.), building codes, fire codes, insurer criteria, and other technical design documents.
- Reads and interprets building construction documents such as drawings, specifications and other contract documents.
- Prepares lists for ordering of fire alarm and detection system equipment.
- Perform accurate surveys of fire alarm systems in existing buildings
- Coordinates installation with electricians.
- Coordinates activities with project manager.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Obtain NICET Level certifications
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Long-Term Disability, 401K, ESOP.
Pay depends on your level of experience and education.